The chair of an oral session holds a key position in making the program run as smoothly as possible. The chair is considered an expert in his or her field and therefore is very important in supporting the speakers as well as giving the participants a good session.
These guidelines are to help you before, during and after the session you are chairing.
- Please arrive in the room of your session at least 10 minutes before it starts.
- 1 student assistant will be present in the room, preparing name signs, water etc. and making sure that all presentations of the sessions are uploaded.
- A technician will make sure in advance that all devices and audio equipment operate as planned. The technician can assist you in any technical question you may have.
- A technician will be present in the meeting room for the whole period of the program for sessions taking place in Auditorium East, Auditorium West, room 569 and room 555
- In case of technical problems in meeting rooms 568, 476A and 476B, the assistants will contact the main technician and will solve the issue in the shortest time possible. There is no technician present in these meeting rooms during the sessions.
- Prepare some possible questions for the presenters in case no one from the audience will ask a question.
- Please remind the speakers of the time limit of their presentation (according to the final CMBBE 2019 program).
- If a presentation cannot be given or if a presenter does not appear (no-show), please fill out the remaining time with questions or start a discussion.
- Discussion: Take charge of the discussion period. Recognize questions from the audience and allow each person who would like to do so to participate in the discussion. Ask the participant to introduce herself/himself and to speak slowly into the microphone. If you think it is necessary, repeat or paraphrase the question or the answer, to make sure that everybody can follow the discussion.
- Please evaluate the presentations. Keynote presentations are not included and should not be evaluated for the best conference paper award. The best conference paper and the best student presentation will be awarded at the conference. Each presentation is marked with the following letters: [S] = student, [D] = Delegate and [K] = keynote speaker. Evaluation forms will be provided.